The global art market is a $45 billion economy where, according to the recent TEFAF report, trust is everything. Learn how to navigate this specialized field as an expert with Sotheby’s Institute of Art, the premier program of its kind.
Whether you’re looking to launch a career as an art world leader with an internationally-recognized Masters degree or further your professional development with an online course, you will become an expert in topics that are central to the history and ongoing development of the international art world.
Here are even more reasons why Sotheby’s Institute is the premier program of its kind:
- We are established: Since 1969, Sotheby’s Institute has been educating generations of art world professionals and preparing students for careers in the international art world.
- You’ll be in the center(s) of the art world: The Institute has campuses in the world’s three most active art centers: London, New York and Los Angeles. You can also join us virtually, from wherever you are, with an extensive catalog of online courses offered throughout the year.
- We give you the power to choose: Besides Master’s degrees, the Institute offers accredited 15-week semester programs, summer study, online courses, and more ways to gain expertise, in a format that suits you.
- We have expert faculty: The faculty of all three campuses are leading scholars and art world professionals whose expertise encompasses every major art world topic – from art law and public relations to curating and auctions.
- You’ll gain a powerful network: More than 6,000 of our alumni are leaders in the international art industry–working in major auction houses, running leading galleries and art fairs, curating exhibitions in museums, and establishing their own art businesses.
- We move the classroom: Visits to major art fairs, museums, collections and related activities, both local and worldwide, are a vital part of the Institute’s programs.
- We build tomorrow’s art leaders: 75% of Sotheby’s Institute students secure employment before even graduating.
The post 7 Reasons to Learn the Business of Art with Sotheby’s Institute appeared first on Hyperallergic.