Local

Empty For Ten Years, The Old Sparky’s Ale House Space On Court Street Is Now For Rent

Last week, PMFA reported that the former P.J. Hanley’s space at 449 Court Street was for rent after being empty since 2014, prompting Carroll Gardeners to hope that a new establishment will open another pub at this location.

Well,  just a few blocks further South at 481 Court Street, another retail space is currently for lease, and this one has been empty for ten years.
This was once the home of Sparky’s Ale House, which closed in 2004, and of the short lived Leo’s Bar and Lounge, which called it quits in 2008. Since then, there was talk  of someone planning on opening a restaurant at this location, but those plans obviously fell through.

This corner spot at Nelson and Court Street sure could use a well run establishment. However, any new restaurant or bar may have to settle for a NYS Liquor Authority Beer and Wine license only, instead of a full liquor license.  This is due to the proximity to St. Mary’s Star of the Sea and the International School of Brooklyn.
There are also some outstanding NY City Buildings Department violations stemming from a major renovation on the 481 Court Street building, which might scare a potential lessee.

The retail space does not seem to be advertised by a realtor, but we found the following description on Loopnet:
1200 SF dining room and bar area
Features 1 150 year old oak bar, marble finishes, custom mill work and handmade tiles.
400 sf fully fixtured, show-case kitchen
1600 sf prep-cellar
Long term lease available.


What would be a good fit for this Carroll Gardens corner?


Source link
Show More

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!