The 10 best cheap things to do this week, city of women edition
1. Get the most out of your phone camera at the Smartphone Photography Workshop, where participants will learn quick and straightforward techniques that can take their photos to the next level with strategies for getting the most out of your device. (Monday, Domino Park, FREE)
2. Uplift the ladies at Black Euphoria: Black Femmes Panel & Party and connect in your experiences through a panel discussion, supporting black femme owned businesses vending, and spreading joy well into the evening to together. (Monday, House of Yes, FREE-$30)
3. Get what you want at Proposal Writing: How to Work Smarter, Not Harder and delve into how to open doors by presenting your best self and work in written proposals with the different pieces of a proposal including the introductory letter, project description, artistic statement, bio, CV, budget, and so much more. (Tuesday, New York Foundation for the Arts, FREE)
4. Giggle like a fool at Gabagool Comedy, a brand new comedy show with New York’s funniest up-and-coming comics and nationally touring headliners for the low price of zero dollars, plus free beers and many laughs. (Tuesday, Pizette, FREE)
5. Catch a durational performance about time_untime, combining previously created and used elements such as video clips, photographs, painted panels as projection surfaces as well as written and spoken texts in a different context. (Wednesday, Roulette, $18-25)
6. Take another sip at Drunk Science: Primates where three intoxicated comedians compete to present the best scientific dissertation to a panel of real scientists, with special guest primatologist Dr. Jenna Lawrence. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $7-10)
7. Reimagine NYC at City of Women 2.0 with journalist Julie Scelfo to discuss the significance of mapping New York City’s cultural history while shedding light on the names of the unsung heroines who contributed to it. (Thursday, New York Transit Museum, $10-15)
8. Exercise party tonight at Punk Rope, a raucous fitness class that mashes up jump rope with recess-like games and drills, improve your cardio, strength and coordination while burning mega calories, followed by a free beer in the garden. (Thursday, Coney Island Brewery, $10)
9. Celebrate and honor cherished garments at Party Dress, a series of party dresses that poet and designer Dew Igworia has collected over the years, which helped form her identity. (Friday, Flux Factory, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply