10 Fashion Designers who contributed to a Stunning New York Fashion Week 2019.
Every year, New York hosts a highly followed, inspirational, and immensely influential Fashion show. Showcasing a variety of designers and their clothing brands. Each year thousands of models take on the runway flaunting a variety of fabrications, patterns, and textures. Here’s a list of 10 designers who were able to captivate their audience with their designs on this year’s Fashion Week.
- Elie Tahari: Expanding to $300 million with a private held fashion brand and a global presence in 40 countries, Elie Tahari took his night club inspiration and directed the spotlight towards strong powerful women entering the work force. Tahari’s mission was to display a line of work that solely exposed the idea of the present and feminine empowerment.
2. The Blonds: Design label founded by Pillipe & David Blonde in 2007. specifically based it’s brand off music, art, and film. This year the label displayed a line of work enticing a golden animal print appeal. The Blonds are highly known for their use of gems, crystals and spiked encrusted jumpsuits.
3. Prabal Gurung: Gurung’s fashion label is known for encompassing modern luxury which is highly influenced by quality and innovation. Winning numerous awards for his designs, Gurung has managed to create pieces for First Lady Michelle Obama and the Duchess of Cambridge.
4. Savage x Fenty: Rihanna’s clothing line label made an astounding appearance at New York Fashion Week. The artist combined music, dance, and fashion in her own set. Savage Fenty is primarily inspired by all women. This clothing label encourages women to find their best “empowered ” selves regardless of what color of skin, and body type. Savage x Fenty is for everyone and anyone.
5. Bronx & Banco: This Australian style encompassed a mixture of brown and golden hues demonstrating a strong admiration for rich family history en rooted in the fashion industry. These fun, flamboyant, and feminine designs depict a message of strength, confidence and a trend. Reflecting the world of women today.
6. Studio 189: This brand originates from Africa combining cultural elements and US influence for their clothing line. The designs for this particular brand focus on empowerment and education. This brand differs highly, with the use of natural plant dye, and kente weaving. Winning a variety of awards including the MOCADA Social Justice Award in 2016, the Design Miami Visionary Award. Studio 189 took on the runway during New York Fashion Week.
7. Ryan Roche: Roche’s design focus surrounds American and Italian manufacturing, created via sustainable and low impact production. Her collection consists of a variety of conveyable cashmere knits, reinventing classical silhouettes. Portraying a world that women want to live.
8. Rebecca Minkoff: This brand’s main focus is wrapped around hand bags and accessories. Conveying the message of an industrial leader, Minkoff preps her models with a strong and edgy look through a variety of handbags. Introducing an automatic and easily accessible collection.
9. Naeem Khan: With clothing designs designs sold in more than 100 specialty stores, Khan has developed clothing lines inspired by Indian culture, architecture, history and design. Through the cutting of fabric Khan is able to invent clean, elegant, and timeless silhouettes. Khan’s work is highly recognized in India for the intricate and sophisticated clothing worn by royal families.
10. Laquan Smith: With a passion for sewing and pattern making, Smith has cultivated an image of strength, sexy, and aesthetic throughout his designs. His designs have influenced icons such as Rihanna and Lady GaGa.