Richard Neutra’s Coe House is for sale
Coe House was built in 1950 for chemical engineer Clarence Coe in the Rolling Hills community, and the two-bedroom California property has only had two owners since its completion. That may explain how so many of its original details are intact, including beamed ceilings, hardwood floors, built-in cabinetry and seating.
The hillside midcentury property perches above the ocean, which is visible from expansive walls of windows at the rear of the property. Ribbon windows at the front peek onto the midcentury home’s tree-lined 1.02-acre plot.
Sliding glass windows and doors help flood the post-and-beam home – on the market via Melissa Resich of Remax Estate Properties – with light while vaulted ceilings amplify its volume.