The 10 best cheap things to do this week, anagram edition
1. This is the dawning of the age of Sagittarius at Starf*ckers: Astrology, but Make It Comedy, a comedy show about the science of astrology, which is very real and definitely not fake, with a lineup of comedians all born under the current zodiac. (Monday, Union Hall, $8)
2. See some of everything at The Anagram Ensemble: I Looked at the Eclipse, a new opera that blends video, theater, language games, free improvisation, and chamber music. (Monday, Roulette, $18-25)
3. Embrace the grieving process at Memorializing Loved Ones at the Holidays, and learn about unique keepsakes and tributes that can be created in a loved one’s honor in the form of textiles, artwork, charitable donations, or rituals at the dinner table. (Tuesday, Greenwood Cemetery, FREE)
4. Meet fellow artists at the Creative Humans Networking Mixer your chance to connect with fellow art, fashion, design, production, and other creative industry go-getters with hors d’oeuvres, music, drinks, and positive vibes. (Tuesday, 4th Floor Studios, FREE)
5. Chill out at the Holiday Hang, Letter of Marquee Theater’s annual evening of hot cider, live performance, and singing around the piano, plus games, raffles, performances, and more. (Wednesday, Gemini & Scorpio Loft, FREE-$10)
6. Get more bread at Money Rules: Learning How to Win the Financial Game with the goal of this event is to help freelancers take control of their finances and build a solid financial future. (Wednesday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
7. Maximize your refund at 2019 Tax Tips for Freelancers, a workshop to look at tax savings for 2019, discuss tax issues for your business, and cover tax planning strategies. (Thursday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
8. Triple-step your way through Subway Swing: A Boogie for the Ages in the 1936 decommissioned subway station with live jazz bands, the hottest swing dancing, and the slickest vintage outfits. (Thursday, New York Transit Museum, $30-35)
9. Don’t embarrass yourself at Mortified, a comic excavation of teen angst artifacts (journals, letters, poems, lyrics, home movies, stories and more) as shared by their original authors. (Friday, Littlefield, $12)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply